Internet Advice Please

Started by tweb, January 20, 2016, 10:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tweb

My wife & I will be moving to the Island permanently in September & would like advice on the best internet connection for our laptop as we will be cancelling our broadband service in the UK?

beachlife

Lot less choice on the island than you are used to in the UK.

You will need a telefonica landline and I would get movistar mini fusion broadband and you will get unlimited broadband and a free phone ( or you can upgrade for a small charge I paid 19euros for a samsung andriod) and you will get 500 minutes of free calls per month and some free data each month.

You can get wifi using hotspots with Canarynet or Cheapnet plus others but their contention rates can be poor during peak hours and it will drive you crazy. If you are going to be here fulltime get a landline.

Lots of advice can be found on the forum in the search button at the top of the page. Click on it and put in broadband or internet etc

If you have not thought yet of television yet you can use the unlimited internet to watch TV here . Lots of difference of opinion about which system to use use search again to look for iptv or Mag 250 or android box.

tweb

Hi Beach life thanks for that, we will certainly have a look at that.