Bin Police Tamaragua

Started by bridlife, June 13, 2013, 12:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridlife

Several more reports of people being knicked this week, by the bin copper hiding on his buggy by the bus stop, on Tamaragua.

Two Persons

Hi Bridlife,

Got caught myself on Monday morning....... we had broken a glass, so doing the "UK" thing I wrapped it up in kitchen roll then cardboard, then bagged it up in a carrier bag, took dogs out for their morning walk, dropped said bag in bin and walked off. 3o seconds later he was there, as my Spanish is very limited I really did not understand a word he said. I tried to explain that it was broken glass not kitchen waste but all we eventually got out of him was " 1 month notice, it's my job"!!!!!!!

Does he police the other bins on Tamaragua or just the ones where he can hide out of site???

Two Persons.  >:(

bridlife

Not just by the bus stop, he travels around Tamaragua on his buggy, checking on other bin sites. He stays by the bus stop, a lot of the time, also to watch for people driving into the supermarket illegally

Two Persons

What about all the other illegal things like parking on the pavement's, dropping litter, not cleaning up after your dogs, does he do anything about this??

Any  idea of how fine I can expect???

Two persons

bridlife

He seems to concentrate on bins, dogs not being on their lead, and the supermarket access. Most fines seem to be between €50 and €80.

rayh

Hi I was also caught by the police putting rubbish out too early on Tamaragua, and was fined 30€

Two Persons

Thanks for your replies, I will let you know when my fine arrives how much it is, just pondering on whether it is worth appealing the fine as it wasn't household rubbish. Has anyone you know appealed and won??

Two persons

Brightspark

Fairplay to the people who have been stopped by this pleb and kept a level head

I swear to god I would lose it with the jobsworth and probably end up in alot of trouble for it too

What is he, a Guardia or a Local?

bridlife

He is definitely a local policia.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

When he's not hiding out at Tamaragua he is hiding near Mercadona keeping an eye on the bins opposite there, or down by the Santa Clara abandoned building site looking for dogs off their leads. It's quite funny watching people peering round corners before rushing to the bins with their rubbish and doing a quick U-turn if they hear the quad bike approaching. Shame he doesn't do something about all the dog mess - I'd support that being enforced.
Roughly how long does it take between being nicked and receiving your fine? (Dog off lead)  :(

bridlife

Definitely agree about the dogs . About 4 weeks for the fine.

ANDMAG

A friends dog escaped out of the front door on Sabina , he was fined then appealed and the council dropped it! :)
andmag

SheilaW

We've been practising the "fast drop": 1) cruise up to the bins in the car, with the bag held by the passenger. 2) passenger winds the window down as fast as poss. 3) quick dab on the brake as you get level with the bins. 4) passenger chucks the bag out, hopefully into the bin (the lids are never closed), and winds the window up as fast as poss. 5) driver accelerates away, whistling nonchalantly.

Why do we all have to act like criminals? I've been as honest as the day is long for 57 years, but now I'm being treated like a criminal just for putting the rubbish where it belongs. IT'S CRIMINAL!

Can the Man

Sheila you can try out for a drive by stunt drivers job   ;D ;D ;D

yorkiecouple

I got caught working the dog without the lead on the waste land what once the leisure centre on Tamaragua with the said plod on a quad, that was on the 28th Feb. and just received the final paperwork to pay the 50e fine on 13th June, guess their been very busy with other criminals.

PHo

Why do we all have to act like criminals? I've been as honest as the day is long for 57 years, but now I'm being treated like a criminal just for putting the rubbish where it belongs. IT'S CRIMINAL!

You are being treated like a criminal because you are one - the law is clear, and designed to stop bins getting smelly during the day. If you break the law you should be fined - it is a criminal offence, albeit a minor one.

Ivemovedon

but as we are all aware some laws although being clear are silly. And most people either ignore them completely or find a way around them.

As someone previously stated if smelly rotting rubbish is not in the bins provided then its in or near your house all day attracting flies and other unwelcome guests. Better in the bins.

bridlife

As usual for Monday morning you will be pleased to know, our bin copper has took up his place outside of Impescasa, by the bus stop on Tamaragua. Also 2 Guardia Civil motor cyclists are operating between Tamaragua and Corralejo. Once again 2 Guardia Civil are driving by Tamarindo Island near Gold Acre, in a plain silver Toyota Avensis.

Thong Man 007

Don't get this -
We have rubbish, they have rubbish bin, we put rubbish in it. What the hell is the problem?

Biggles

QuoteDon't get this -
We have rubbish, they have rubbish bin, we put rubbish in it. What the hell is the problem?

I'm guessing it's a health consideration.

The more time the rubbish spends in the heat, the more it festers and stinks and  the more feeding time you give the rats. The more feeding time for rats, the more they breed etc. etc.

Ivemovedon

how can it be a health consideration if they want you to keep it in your home. It doesn't make sense. Let me get this right...make sure the communal bins are kept in a nice sanitised condition, but unless you got air conditioning hammering away all day to cool it down,they would prefer peoples homes to stink and attract vermin instead of the designated rubbish tip. Or have i missed something.

Biggles

I think you are right but I'd guess it's making the rats' work just that bit harder.

Ivemovedon

they wouldn't have to work too hard to get in the bins in my place. But i recken they'd have to be able to jump like an olympic athlete to get in the communal ones down the end of my road.

Biggles

Quotethey wouldn't have to work too hard to get in the bins in my place
Ah. There lies your problem.
I keep mine in a refridgerated vault surrounded by a moat of fire with 6 starving pitbulls roaming freely in the general area. That and an Airwick.

Ivemovedon

I'll bear that method in mind

SheilaW

Reviving this thread as the title is so perfect: they are out in force here today, crawling all over the place. But the thing is that some of them are in plain cars, although they are in uniform. Just saw a little old woman being nicked. So sad :(.

Jock719

Must be a great job, Protect and Serve and all that.

emmi

Is this bin law in force all over the island?

PHo

Yes, it is, but enforcement varies from place to place

emmi

Are there signs displayed to tell you what is right and wrong?  I don't see anything around the Caleta area.